Mac Randomization IOS 14

Private Address is turned on via the wifi settings but there is a message at the top of that screen saying

'Private Wi-Fi address is turned off for this network.'

So is it on or off.

It's been > 24hours and the MAC address oin settings hasn't changed nor has it changed on my gateway?

I want to determine if the access control on my gatway will break when the mac address changes as this relies on a static address.

Replies

It will break. I have static IPs set up for my devices and this new feature kills that when the fake MAC address rotates. Unless you're doing something really fancy like Hotspot 2.0 on your gateway, it is dependent on the MAC address to identify the device. Once that MAC address gets changed, your device appears like a totally new/different device to the gateway/router.
The 24 hour thing seems to be broken in the new betas for some people. It wasn't 100% clear on when that cycled anyway. Was it 24 hours, then changed? Was it 24 hours, but it kept the old fake MAC address until you disconnected from that network and reconnected? Was it 24 hours, but you had to be disconnected from the network for a certain amount of time before it rotated the MAC address?