Not able to localise NSLocalNetworkUsageDescription.

Hi Team,

I want to keep my custom message for the key "NSLocalNetworkUsageDescription" and hence want the localisation. But the localisation for this key is not working , It always take the value from the default value from the Info.plist

But for other keys like "NSCameraUsageDescription" and "NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription" I am using ,is working fine.

How can i achieve this ?

/BR,
Abhishek

Replies

Like you, I’d expect this to work in the same way that other usage description keys work. If that’s not the case, you should file a bug about that. It would help if you included a tiny test project demonstrating the issue.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
Did it work for you @Abhishek? I am seeing the same issue.
This issue still occurs in yesterday's iOS 14 beta 7. Worse still, localized apps display the base-language custom message from the info.plist under a localized title and with localized action buttons, and thus ensure complete confusion for end users. I prefer now not to customize it and leave users with the misleading but pre-localized default description, which at least they can try to understand in their own language. I filed a bug report but have little hope that any human will ever read it.

I filed a bug report

What was the bug number?

Share and Enjoy

Hey Eskimo,

I have also reported this in https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/655375 with FB8128316

Another user (marksands2) created FB8595441

Thanks, Andy

I have also reported this … with FB8128316

Thanks. Your bug has landed in the right place and is making progress.

Share and Enjoy

This issue still occurs in yesterday's iOS 14 GM seed. When will it be resolved ? 

This issue still occurs in yesterday's iOS 14 GM seed.

Correct.

When will it be resolved?

I don’t have any concrete info to share on that front )-: I recommend that you continue testing with post-iOS 14 beta releases as they are seeded.

Share and Enjoy

Still occurs in iOS 14 GM seed. My bug report FB8626851 stills says "Recent Similar Reports: None".

I recommend that you continue testing with post-iOS 14 beta releases
as they are seeded.

Can someone test this in the current 14.2 beta seed? I suspect it might be fixed there but I’m not set up to test this myself.

Share and Enjoy

Hi Quinn,

I just tested with iOS 14.2 Beta and can confirm, that the translated string for NSLocalNetworkUsageDescription (from InfoPlist.strings) is used in the system alert. Now it works like expected.

Thanks, Andy