Next Steps for Default Browser Entitlement?

• Hi,

We are waiting for a response from Apple. There has been one month since we submitted the initial application. I wonder how long did it take for Apple to respond to your application. Are there any tips or suggestions to accelerate the process?

Many thanks in advance.

Lucy

• Hi! Same situation for us here. Submitted a few months ago but still have not heard anything back, not even an acknowledgment from Apple for "request received". Is this the usual process? Has anyone else heard back?

• Hi, We requested the same a few weeks ago and still haven't received any acknowledgment/response from Apple. Is there any other developer-friendly process to achieve this?

Apple Recommended

• I’m a little confused about this entitlement issue. I wanted to make Edge my default. I downloaded it and installed. I then selected it as my default Browser and I can see that in Settings and that app opens when I select a full web link. My question is how I can programmatically switch between my possible 3 browsers: Safari, Chrome, and Edge. I would like to be able to do that with one “action” that immediately toggles to the new desired browser. Am I asking for too much for this kind of action? I’m actually going to be working in a Google Sheet with its macro capabilities. Is there something I can do in the scripting code? I’m a SW developer for 40 years. Of late I have focused on PC programming, but I would like to do some of that on my iPod, IOS 14.4.2, to accomplish this default browser switching, programmatically.

Add a Comment

Replies

I'm in the exact same situation. I'm also waiting for a response.
Good new:
I received an email from Apple today, where they told me that they gave me the entitlement.

Bad news:
Unfortunately it doesn't work. I followed the instructions to a new provisioning profile, but the point within this process where I should be able to selecet the new entitlement is not available. I tried with several available options (development, distribution/AppStore), but nothing worked.

Any advice?

Rigth now I guess that they’ve just forgotten to actualy assign the new entitlement to my account, despite the fact that they already sent the confirmation email.

Good new:
I received an email from Apple today, where they told me that they
gave me the entitlement.

Yay!

Bad news:
Unfortunately it doesn't work.

Boo!

I have two bits of advice on this front:
  1. Make sure you’re logged in to the right team. I regularly get confused by this. I get to the “Do you need additional entitlements?” page and then realise I’m in the wrong team )-:

2. Wait a few days. I can take time for this change to propagate through our systems.

If things still fail you should get back in touch with the folks who granted the entitlement. It helps if you can send them screen shots of every step you took, just to confirm that you’re ‘holding it right’.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
I sent back the requested information over a week, but I still don't get any response.

What's about the request status, what need to do for the next step, when and how to get the entitlement?

I still don't know about it. I have done everything for the update for iOS 14 but just waiting for this.

Any advice to speed up the process?
Same problem faced. Apple replied saying they have granted the entitlement. But I am not seeing any options to choose it when creating a new provisioning profile.
  • I’m a little confused about this entitlement issue. I wanted to make Edge my default. I downloaded it and installed. I then selected it as my default Browser and I can see that in Settings and that app opens when I select a full web link. My question is how I can programmatically switch between my possible 3 browsers: Safari, Chrome, and Edge. I would like to be able to do that with one “action” that immediately toggles to the new desired browser. Am I asking for too much for this kind of action? I’m actually going to be working in a Google Sheet with its macro capabilities. Is there something I can do in the scripting code? I’m a SW developer for 40 years. Of late I have focused on PC programming, but I would like to do some of that on my iPod, IOS 14.4.2, to accomplish this default browser switching, programmatically.

Add a Comment
I successfully granted the entitlement and be able to set as the default browser on my product.

You can't use auto-signing on XCode if you grant this entitlement. You need to generate new provisioning profile with default browser entitlement (for both development and distribution) on Apple developer website manually. Download it and install.

And you also need to set the correct signing option on building setting on XCode while auto-signing is disabled.

It needs a little bit more work to do for this request on your project.

Anyway, I hope XCode can optimize this for better experience on next version. Can still be able to use auto-signing for handling those signing issues.

Best,
Hi fellow developers,

Can I ask how long it took to get a response from Apple regarding the entitlement?

Thank you in advance.

Pavel