WatchKit 1.0 apps are no longer installable on this watchOS version.

I have downloaded Xcode 12, the newest version, from App Store. On my exising iOS project, I added a WatchKit app with deployment target of watchOS 7.0. However, when I try to run the watch app on simulator, it tries to install then gives me this error in an alert:

This app could not be installed at this time.
Could not install at this time.
WatchKit 1.0 apps are no longer installable on this watchOS version.

I don't know what's wrong with the target that causes it to give this error. Like said before, the deployment target for the app is watchOS 7 and the app uses SwiftUI. I also can't get a preview on SwiftUI because it gives me the same error saying cannot install.

I have another iOS project with a WatchKit app that is running just fine.

Do you have this problem also or know how to resolve it? Any help is appreciated.

Replies

I'm having the exact same issue.
I had similar problem...solution, in Build Settings/Deployment set Skip Install>No ...it was set to yes and it failed as described

Note: Build Settings for the 'watch extension'

..and now it doesn't work again...no a solution (9/26/20)
I ended up removing the WatchOS Target from my project and adding it back along with all the files. It works now. I don't know what was missing but it solved my problem.

Мне помогло убрать галочку в апе и в часах Build Phases - Embed Watch Content - Copy only when installing

if this helps, just add WKApplication key to watch app plist and set it to true (xcode 14 beta 3 using no extension mode)