Apple Music crashing on iOS 14

I just downloaded iOS 14 now my Apple Music keeps crashing how can I fix this??
  • Same, and it’s pissing me off. I hope they fixes it, if not I’ll go back to Spotify.

• Me too, ever since new sound options have been added…. Crashing and freezing all the time… have loads of memory left btw….

Add a Comment

Replies

It’d be great if Apple could answer this. I updated to iOS 14.0.0 and everything was fine. It updated to 14.0.1 last night and now music app keeps crashing. I’ve restarted my phone, I’ve fully closed the app and it still isn’t working.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of IMtz Down vote reply of IMtz
Same here. On several devices using iOS 14.2. Apple Music crashes. But interstingly only when the device is connected to my home mesh wifi with 5 TP-Link Deco M4 access points. Crashes occure on an iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone SE an iPad 10.2.

Those crashes happen when I am trying to play any song in apple music while not playing them to HomePods. Apple Music crashes seconds after hitting play.

When the device is not connected to the WiFi everything works perfectly.
Same issue here. On a 12 mini with Ver 14.4.2. Apple music crashing. Tried hard reset of phone, delete and reinstall app. Now updating iOS to 14.5.1. Next step after that will be to switch off wifi. Wish me luck!
Update to iOS 14.5.1 fixed this issue for me. Works while on wifi, as well.
I think what really frustrating is not only is it crashing, but the music that is downloaded sometimes refreshes and you have re-download your entire library of songs. This takes weeks because it takes ages to load.
For me the crashing is new, it just randomly happened today and I can’t get rid of it :(

Apple Music keeps crashing regularly now that they've included Lossless and Atmos. Laptop, phone, w/ AirPods, w/ CarPlay. It's constantly crashing.

I’m on version 14.6 and i’ve never had problems with Apple Music before until now, my app closes when ever i try to play certain songs. Reconsidering switching music apps..

• The is is absolutely OBNOXIOUS. Everytime I try to play Roddy Ricch “Late at Night”… Crash. It’s a LossLess song and that appears to be the issue

Add a Comment

This started happening recently - when they introduced music in atmos and lossless. I’m watchful of it.

• Me too, keeps happening with atmos tracks, I’ll be going back to Spotify if this keeps happening

Add a Comment

If it is crashing when you play a specific song, delete the download and redownload it. Mine was doing it for rockstar by dababy on iOS 14.7 beta 3

I noticed that this was happening for lossless and Dolby Atmos songs when playing over mobile data. Check you playback setting for the music app and change atmos to off and lossless to only stream when connected to WiFi. This has resolved the issue for me.