App Home freezes when editing a scene

Hello everybody,

since iOS 14.0 the Home App on the iPhone XR is freezing when I edit a scene. So the App does not save my changes.

Also the problem appears with iOS 14.2. Does anyone also have the problem?

• I am having the same problem too on XR. Interestingly, on iPad Air 4 (as the hub) editing a scene doesn't freeze, however, the change is not retained when closing the edit. The only way to make the change ATM is to edit it from Big Sur Home App on my Mac.

Add a Comment

Replies

Hello, unfortunately, I have the same problem
in iOS 14.2 beta 4 my HomeKit is not working on iPhone and iPad with the Home app. Only with 3 party apps like Devices i can turn light on. I can not edit HomeKit, add Devices so far.
With watchOS 7.1 beta 4 HomeKit ist working.

I have exactly the same problem. On both my iPad and my iPhone, the Home app regularly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive when I’m editing a scene. I’m using the latest version of the app and the latest version of iOS.

The only solution seems to be to force-quit the app, reopen it, then edit the scene in little steps, closing the edit dialog between each step.

This bug appeared fairly recently. VERY irritating.

When is Apple going to fix it? Do they need any more information to reproduce it?
I have the same problem in iOS 14.4, hopefully they fix this soon
Hi folks. Same issues here, but only with thermalsensors. First I only had this on my iPhone 8 and not on iPad mini. Now I also have it on the iPad - frustrating! Building a scene works like charm, but editing it (also editing automations) having thermalsensors in freezes the app and crashes after some moments...

iOS 14.6 and it’s still a problem with the XR 😑.

iOS 15 Beta 3 and still the same problem

iOS 15.1 and still the same problem on my iPhone. Where is Apple Support?

Same Problem here. The most disappointing app from Apple. Moreover the certified Hardware for HomeKit is not really premium, just the price. :/