IPadOS 14.2 Bug

I don’t know if anyone is experiencing a bit laggy when using the Magic Keyboard’s trackpad. I tried scrolling it on Safari, Twitter, and Facebook. Sometimes, a bit second, it stops and can’t scroll then it will work again. I notice that the bar bottom of the iPad (don’t know what it’s called) can’t click when the tracker or pointer is in that place. I can’t get out of the current app that you are using. I need to use 3-finger gesture/swipe just to go to home screen. Plus the pointer got bigger even the slider is set to the smallest.
Answered by TLDOOI in 644815022
Yes same here. Touch to click not working, two/ three fingers gesture sometimes not working.

You can go to assistive touch menu —> turn off perform touch gesture to make the cursor back to original size.
Accepted Answer
Yes same here. Touch to click not working, two/ three fingers gesture sometimes not working.

You can go to assistive touch menu —> turn off perform touch gesture to make the cursor back to original size.
Yes! Can confirm all of those things are happening for me as well after updating. Also, there isn’t a “perform touch gesture” in the settings. The only way to increase or decrease is the (new?) slider, and at the smallest size it’s way larger than before.
yes! same issue for me as well some times it start working for very few seconds once a smile came on my face it again stop working. and curser pointer size got little bit massive which is quite annoying. i preferred to use pointer as same as mac or macbook instead of round bulky shape. :( :( disappointment for me.
I have the same issue. Since the new iPadOS release, my MagicKeyboard is no longer working. I CALLED apple Support, they were of no help. Hopefully Apple can fix it asap
i am having the same problem - i can no longer click on the bar at the bottom of the page to return to home page...cursor is massive and the keybpard os laggy
I have the same issue.PLUS when I close up my iPad with magic keyboard,my iPad will randomly turned itself off, all of my working data that’s not saved yet was gone.
I had the same problems after upgrading to iOS 14.2. Turning off Assistive Touch altogether seems to have made all of the anomalies go away.
Same! Lots of bugs! My magic keyboard behaves differently after updating to 14.2, it doesn’t scroll smoothly and properly..sometimes the trackpad doesn’t respond even if i tap or click it, the pointer looks terrible it is way larger now
I have the same problem..... That is super annoying :-(
Hope it can be solved asap.
Am also victim of the above said issue,

Workarounds:
  1. Turn Off Assistive Touch & Perform Touch Gestures:

Magic Keyboard will work perfectly without any lag, and external mouse (am using logitech mx master) will work its basic functions,

2. Turn On Assistive Touch & Perform Touch Gestures:
Magic Keyboard andExternal mouse will perfectly work, but you will have big stupid circle pointer.

Awaiting an update to fix this.

Cheers
I have the same problem!! If it takes too long to work again, restarting the device helps ... although it is not practical.
I also have the same issue with my 1-Day old Magic Keyboard. Haha shouldn’t have slipped myself to update a new firmware ever again. it was working just fine last night. now I regretted what I have done. my obvious issues are the Touchpad, sometimes it will just refuse to scroll in an app folder at all, and also else where like in Settings. it does work in here Safari but it shudders randomly while I try to scroll a page. sometimes the gesture will just stuck like I do scrolling all the time even with one finger.

PS: Thanks to Dave5400 ,Turning off Assistive Touch seemed to help. (But now I have to re-enable Assistive Touch every times I took off the Magic keyboard. Good Job Apple! This is how you treat customers with $299 keyboard.)

Disappointing!!
Yes I do have same issues, adding another :

on app switcher the trackpad of my Magic Keyboard does not respond.

Waiting for Apple to fix it!
Same here 😱
Once I updated to IPadOS 14.2 I immediately felt lag, I scattered through the settings clicking on random buttons and found a temporary fix. I suggest turning off AssistiveTouch as a whole, it helped a lot.

Up and/or the reply if this helped you, so it can help others.

IPadOS 14.2 Bug

Q