Battery drain in ios 14.2

i updated my iphone 7+ to ios 14.2 and now i have battery drain problem and it takes long time to be charged and warmup during charging
  • My iPhone SE (1st generation) has started draining fast since iOS 14. With iOS 15 it is not doing better. I suspect the drainage is worse the days after an update. According to the service center, the hardware is fine, and the 86% max capacity is still a good one.

Paolo

Add a Comment

Replies

Same here - I recently IOS 14.3.x started draining my iphone8 battery from 100% to 1% in ~30 minutes with no usage. I upgraded to 14.3 and same situation. keep draining making it unusable.
Mine is doing the same thing after the latest 14.2 software update.
I have iPhone 11 Pro. After the ios 14.2 my battery drain almost 40% over night. And I need to charge my phone twice a day. My battery is at 95% health capacity. I updated to iOS 14.3 yesterday and the battery drain is still the same. Almost 40% over night. So I wiped and reset my phone today. Still battery drain over the day. When are they going to fix it....
I’m having the same issue. I use an app on my phone for my continuous glucose monitor. This helps me better manage my type 1 diabetes. This is unacceptable!

where is the concern from Apple???
Hi,
i updated my 6s to ios14.3 and i still have the same battery problem. Just sending this message, 77% to 35%...
!!!
during the night, without any connection : 100% to 77%!!!
Same. iPhone 6s, iOS 14.2, battery went from 98% to complete shutdown after about 5 minutes on a game twice in last 24 hours. It reboots without plugging in, then shows battery at 10%. A few other times it has jumped from 100% to 64% in a matter of minutes. Also dies after 30 minutes on video call. After plug in, recharge is very fast. I submitted a report to the link someone else gave above.
same problem with my 11 pro i think till 14.1 all was ok since 14.2 incredible it is 8pm my battery left is 32% i m all day at home cos lockdown normally like this my iphone has 50/60 battery left, it s crazy * APPLE what do you play with your **** UPDATE ????, i wait for 14.3 but if i read it is same issue :/ IPHONE X and XS was not good 11 pro was good all day now i m like a X and XS grrrrrrrrrrrr
I downloaded 14.2 for my iPhone 7. My battery is visibly draining while you look at the phone. I used to get at least 8 hours life from the battery. It now runs flat within 2 to 3 hours. I'm on the charger all the time. I also noticed my phone is running VERY HOT to touch. This is not right! If this is Apple trying to encourage us to upgrade to a new model then this is not sustainable. A perfectly good phone suddenly turned into a lemon! That's not right Apple! MB, NZ
I have a iPhone 7. Once I downloaded iOS 14.2 battery drain started. Hot to touch. 2-3 hours per charge. Slow to recharge. Downloaded iOS 14.3 two days ago. No difference.
ios 14.3 didn’t fix my battery drain problem (iPhone 11pro). I even called Apple support. They ask me to restore my iPhone to ‘clean’ 14.3. Still draining like hell. Are they going to fix it in iOS 14.4?? Does Apple even know about the battery drain?? Can I downgrade to 14.1?? Some website said Apple stop signing 14.1 .....
IPhoneXS here. My battery life was cut in half approximately by iOS 14.2. I hoped 14.3 would fix it but it did not. I then thought maybe some Home Screen widget is the culprit(they seemed not to impact battery with ios14-14.1 though)? I deleted all of them yesterday and today my battery is still draining quickly.

Apple please investigate and provide update here.
IPhone 6s here. Battery drain issue after 14.2 persists it 14.3 . It really is debilitating to see a phone with a new battery go down to 2% in just a couple of hours of normal use. What’s strange is that when it shows 2% and you ignore that and continue to use it , it actually lasts quite long . I still have not had it shutdown on me even when using it at 2 % reading and replying emails and browsing google for 25 minutes . It almost feels it displaying an incorrect metric on the 🔋 battery icon ! Hope it gets fixed in the next release.
My iPhone 6s also showing the same battery drain issue after updating to 14.2. Now need to be charged full (which takes now much longer) twice a day to get through the day even without heavy usage. My partner’s iPhone 7 also showing the same problem but a little less severe.

Even though it has been reported by a lot Apple users, I see no response from their part. This is really frustrating as a longtime iPhone user. I don’t intend to upgrade to any new OS until unless it guaranties the omission of the battery drain issue.
Update 14.2 is killing me Apple! My phone was amazing before and I want it back! I have an iPhone 11, and previously the battery last forever... but ever since updated to 14.2 it drains crazy fast and the phone gets really hot to the touch and it charges so slow! 😭please fix this!!
apple are u kidding us. I’m using iPhone 7 my money totally wasted. ***** Apple developers.. cheaters... we are fooling people yes to bought iphones . Please go and sucide developers. My phone capacity 85.. I charged 50 night. After wake up phone switch offf . *** dont fu.. like this . We are cheated by fam company..same issue after 14.3