MacOs Big Sur Zoom Problem

I just downloaded the new MacOS update and I launched Zoom. Turns out I'm having problems seeing the icons such as: New Meeting, Join, Schedule, and Share Screen. When I'm in a meeting, I can't see the buttons such as mute, start video, etc. I wasn't having this problem with Catalina. Is this an OS problem? Or does Zoom need to update their app?

Accepted Reply

Hi.

I have two MacBook Air computers, one old and a brand new one. I experienced the same problem in the old one, and the new one was working fine. I had installed Zoom 5.0.4 in the old one and Zoom 5.2.4 in the new one. In the old one I uninstalled the previous version and installed the new one (5.3.4) and it worked fine. So, I guess Zoom fixed the problem, as long as you have Zoom 5.2.4 or newer, it should work.

Replies

Happened to me just now. All the icons at the front page after login to the app were missing, and no mic icon during meeting. Though all functions seem running as normal. I’m using MBP 16 inch 2019 Big Sur.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Duto Down vote reply of Duto
Hi. Good morning. I updated my Zoom and it did the trick. Hope this help. Have a nice day.
Hi.

I have two MacBook Air computers, one old and a brand new one. I experienced the same problem in the old one, and the new one was working fine. I had installed Zoom 5.0.4 in the old one and Zoom 5.2.4 in the new one. In the old one I uninstalled the previous version and installed the new one (5.3.4) and it worked fine. So, I guess Zoom fixed the problem, as long as you have Zoom 5.2.4 or newer, it should work.
Yesterday I had 2 Zoom meetings. Both warranted a restart with Big Sur. I have a 13" 2020 Mac, 2.3 Ghz quad-core I7 with 32 GB of Ram. It crawled my machine to a stand still. I am using version 5.4.3 of Zoom.

I also had a font issue with Chrome when using goggle search. It turns English to Welsh. I took out Roboto and that fixed that issue.
I solved this same issue by uninstalling Zoom and reinstalling. Finding a lot of operating issues with Big Sur. Sorry I updated so early in the release.
My son updated Big Sur 2 days ago and now zoom doesn't work. He can't zoom with his classes. Can someone please help me???
Hi!
Yes, I was experiencing those same problems with zoom after I updated to Big Sur. I am not quite sure how to check what version of zoom I have operating and downloaded, but I have had other weird issues with my computer and I am hoping to go into the store and have someone look at it for me.
Greetings everyone-

I had this same issue and resolved the problem by going to zoom.us on my browser and scrolling to the section at the very bottom of the home page (its in a dark grey bar) titled 'Download.' I clicked on this and installed the new version of Zoom and it now runs normally.
I have a new mbp and just upgraded to big sur, video on zoom got choppy spinning wheel constantly. Uninstalled and reinstalled zoom and now it seems to be working well.

resolution: go into app folder drag zoom to trash, then go to zoom website and reinstall zoom.
I had the same issue today on an older 2016 MacBook Air. This thread helped, but what I haven’t seen mentioned is there was no need to uninstall/re-install Zoom, it just need updates (which was mentioned but here’s how.)

While Zoom is open:
  • Click “zoom.us” in the menu bar at the top of the screen

• Select “Check for Updates...”

• Zoom will find the newest version the update to

• After updating open Zoom or click a Zoom link and your issues should be gone!

Sorry, the solutions you present do not work with me. After Big Sur update screen sharing in Zoom gives a black screen to other viewers. I already tried unistall/install, update, change settings etc, nothing works (MacBook Pro 2020 32GB memory).
It seems a bit ridiculous to have to use my old pc for my meetings...
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of JPV1 Down vote reply of JPV1
Hi - same problem here
with MBP 2020 / Big Sur.
Solution:
just install Zoom again (there is no need to deinstall before doing this).

Now it works.

HTH

I still can't access the ScreenShare option after checking for updates, uninstalling and re-installing zoom and re-starting my mac. Not sure how I am going to be able to do my job from home now, with my team members.
Hi. I had the same problem with zoom, especially in sharing my screen and just solved it.
This is not actually a problems from macOS big sur, I think because they updated new term in privacy so you have to unblock it in System Preferences.
Firstly, make sure that you update newest zoom version.
Go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Screen Recording -> click zoom icon to allow share screen on zoom.
Don't forget to click to the 'block' icon in the left bottom to unblock for making any change in Security & Privacy!
Hope this can help you guys!
Thank you Sophie for your detailed instructions to resolve this issue. I've had a very frustrating 2 weeks since updating to Big Sur. I lost screen share, microphone and speakers on Zoom and have numerous emails back/forth with Zoom support to resolve the issue. Your detailed instructions were great and now I can screen share on Zoom. Still have to use my iPhone for microphone/speaker but at least some progress has been made today. Thanks again :)