Airplay not working with Mac Mini M1 - Apple Silicon on Sony KD-65XH9096

Apple Mac Mini computer with the new Apple Silicon M1 processor and Big Sur 11.0.1, I try to connect it by Airplay to duplicate the screen, the computer detects the TV but when I press the Airplay option, the Sony television turns black with the screen and nothing is seen nor duplicates anything.

With the same television a week ago I was using a Mac Mini from the end of 2012 and it worked perfectly.

Today with another Macbook Air computer from 2014 and an iPhone from 2018 it works perfectly.

I do not know if it is a problem with the new Apple chip or that the television needs a new update for this new processor.

Anyone having the same problem? or do you know what might be happening?

Replies

Probably not helping you but I am also experiencing the issue with my Mac Mini trying to Airplay with Apple TV.
In my case, Mac Mini crashes and goes back to a log in menu.

I brought my Mac Mini to the store but could not replicate.

So I am suspecting my AppleTV side not being compatible, or some other interference perhaps my carrier's router or network now.
I also had that problem, Mac Mini crashes and goes back to a log in menu. It was because I had two monitors connected, one for USB-C and the other for HDMI. If I unplug the HDMI cable, Mac won't crashes. It must be because the Mac Mini M1 only supports two monitors. I am in contact with Apple technical support, they are trying to solve the problem, they are escalating the problem to higher technicians.
They have checked the configuration of the Mac and the router but they say that everything is fine, next Sunday they will call me again, they continue investigating what the problem is.
An update for my situation.
I changed the name of AppleTV from Japanese to English then worked fine.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252096898
I'm the IT guy at an elementary school. I gave an M1 Macbook Air to one of my tech-friendliest teachers to be my guinea pig. She reported that she couldn't airplay to her 6 month old Roku Smart TV (TCL brand) with the M1 Air, but she was able to airplay with it through her Apple TV. I was just about to get rid of all of the Apple TVs in the building since Roku is now Airplay friendly, but I'll have to wait until this bug gets figured out.
I have the same problem with my Macbook pro, just won't connect using Airplay. Apple is working on this
Hey all, I found a small work around but doesn't work well for video playback, however could be manageable for a presentation or some more static images.

Under settings, you can go to display and on the bottom left corner it will show an "airplay display" tab with a drop down that for me always defaults to off. When I selected the airplay device I wanted, I was able to see my computer screen, but with MASSIVE delays and was unable to watch the movie I wanted to watch.

Hope someone finds this helpful while we all seem to await the M1 airplay issue.

Devices used: M1 Macbook Pro, Roku Ultra, Vizeo M Series 2019 TV (got it to work on the TV).
I'm facing the same issue with my M1 Macbook air and my iPad Pro 2018. My Macbook air just cannot connect with my iPad through Airplay while I can do the same things with my iMac and Intel core Macbook Pro. I think this is a common issue of the new M1 CPU devices. Hope Apple can solve this problem in the next update.
Same issue with Sony X850G and M1 MacBook Pro. TV says it's connected and MBP's aspect ratio changes (mirror mode), but the TV is blank.
Running into the same issue here as well. Tested with both a MacBook Pro M1 chip as well as a MacBook Air w/ M1 chip. Both devices show the Airplay device, click to connect, enter the code, aspect ratio changes on the Mac, and you see a black screen on the TV. It shows it is connected via AirPlay, but nothing is ever shown on the TV. The TV is a Sony - 85" Class X800H Series LED 4K UHD Smart Android TV. Model number XBR85X800H.

I have this problem too, on my iMac 24" with M1. The iPhone, iPad and iMac 27" play perfectly, but the iMac with the M1 seemingly turns on playback, but no sound comes out.

The only solution was to reboot.

I discovered how to fix it - you need to switch playback to the internal speakers, stop playback and run the following commands in the terminal. (It's possible that the last two alone will work, I'll check the next time it breaks down). sudo killall coreaudiod sudo killall AirPlayUIAgent
sudo killall AirPlayXPCHelper