MusicKit PLAY_ACTIVITY error popups

Often we get the error below when we invoke skipToPreviousItem or skipToNextItem. Can anyone shed any light on what it means or how to fix it? These errors don't seem to actually stop the music playing, so it would be good even if there was a way we could not show the alert popups. It would also be good if anyone knows how to control the kit to make it not show error dialog (like using a try-catch error before it shows)?

PLAY_ACTIVITY: A play stop() method was called without a previous play() descriptor

Anyone seen this and been able to fix it?
Thanks

Replies

Hello @whatsong

I believe this issue should be resolved in our MusicKit JS v3 framework, which is currently available as a Beta.

I encourage you to file a ticket on Feedback Assistant if you are still encountering this issue, including a HAR export from the Web Inspector Network Tab. This will help us further diagnose the issue.

I also would encourage you to take a look at the MusicKit JS v3 documentation and consider migrating your application as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

• You should definitely make some cleaning with available documentation,as I posted this is confusing. Welcomed change in v3 is ability finally to play radio stations.

Add a Comment

Wow, thanks for mentioning that. How can I not encountered that link sooner? I believe in Apple Developer Documentation MusicKitJS still uses version 1 and I recently started a project and still use that version and can confirm that pop-ups appears also for me.

Also played songs with MusicKitJS v1 are not reflected in Api endpoint /recentlyPlayed

Could you modify that endpoint to properly display user's history