macOS Big Sur Oracle forms could not open

I upgraded to macOS Big Sur after that I couldn’t work with oracle e business suite because de Java Plugin no longer would load and the forms couldn’t open I have tried Safari and Firefox but frmservlet isn’t working . Any one else seen this? help please .

Replies

I have the same issue :(
I'm also having this problem and I use Oracle forms everyday.
Why has there been no technical reply to this for all this time?
Hi

I have exactly the same issue. Can somebody help resolve this problem?

• ThinForms Enterprise - for Oracle Forms + EBS http://www.talkingbyte.com . They offer a trial version that works. But you have to but it.

• If anyone knows of a free alternative I'm all in.

Add a Comment
I have heard complaints about this and have not upgraded past Mojave because of it. Seems like some people have gotten the Java Applet Plugin to work on Catalina, and others have not. Most developers have been getting around this by running a VM on Big Sur/Catalina and running Forms/EBS in there. With an eye on the future even this workaround will likely disappear. Parallels has a hypervisor that will run on Apple M1 silicone but it has to run an ARM64 version of Windows 10. I am not sure if Java will run in that environment. I know Microsoft engineers were porting am OpenJDK to ARM64 but I am not sure if it contains the Java Applet Plugin in or not.

I ran into the same issue today. Firefox usually trim off the frmservlet.jnlp file extension while downloading and hence JavaLauncher has the frmservlet file to open, but looks like due to BigSur security enhancements, it is not honoring the file without extension and failing to launch the forms.

Hi

I faced the same issue, worked it around and wrote an article on configuring Big Sur to open Oracle EBS forms:

https://www.enginatics.com/blog/oracle-e-business-suite/launching-ebs-forms-with-java-web-start-on-macos-big-sur-and-later/

The short contents of this article:

You need to configure Java Web Start with EBS, use Firefox ESR on MacOS, JRE 8 and the following console command to launch frmservlet:

jawaws frmservlet

Hope it helps

Thank you, Alex

Sorry, a typo in the previous reply. The correct command is:

javaws frmservlet