Xcode CodeSigning Error

Hello,

I am brand new to coding and developing. I have my Xcode compiled and linked to SFML correctly(finally), however there is one more error that just won't go away no matter what avenue I try or forum I read. I could use some advice from someone who is familiar with Xcode and Apple Code Signing problems. The error reads

/Users/boundarybreaks/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Timber2-fturuqxwvdaodsciwyrsjdepwzkr/Build/Products/Debug/Timber2.app: code object is not signed at all

In subcomponent: /Users/boundarybreaks/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Timber2-fturuqxwvdaodsciwyrsjdepwzkr/Build/Products/Debug/Timber2.app/Contents/Frameworks/vorbisenc.framework

Command CodeSign failed with a nonzero exit code

Replies

I’m presuming that you’re building a Mac app; let me know otherwise.

The issue here relates to how your Timber2 app embeds the vorbisenc framework. You’ve copied the frame to the Contents/Frameworks/ directory, which is good, but you’ve not signed it. The system requires that each code item be signed independently, so if you have a framework nested within an app you must sign the framework and then sign the enclosing app.

As to how you do this, that depends on how you built the framework. Is this something you built from source? Or a binary that you’re using but someone else built?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

In my case, I solved this by set the CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY to empty in Build Setting. The default of it is "Sign to Run Locally"

I’m not entirely sure what you’re trying to do here, but my general advice is that you not create unsigned code. Doing that just causes problems down the line. For simple projects that only run on macOS, you can use ad hoc signed code (Signed to Run Locally in Xcode parlance). In most cases, however, it’s better to sign your code with a stable code signing identity. For day-to-day development, that means an Apple Development signing identity.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"