API Validation Tool - no apps associated with url

I'm guetting an error with Apple's App Search API Validation Tool on my apple-app-site-association file.

It's currently hosted here: https://navigator.tu-dresden.de/.well-known/apple-app-site-association

I've re-checked the specified format multiple times, the path inside .well-known is also what the docs specify. The team identifier and bundle ID are correct and we've also set a content-type header to application/json just to be sure.

The error message from the validation tool is "no apps associated with url", which I can only interpret as the app with that bundle ID and a fitting entitlement not (yet) being online in the App Store. But that would mean that I can't test this feature without deploying the app to the store? I'm hoping that's not the case...

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

Replies

So it turns out iOS caches the apple-app-site-association file locally on install. I installed my app on my device, then uploaded the apple-app-site-association file to the server and have been trying multiple things server-side to get this to work. A simple reinstall of the app did the trick.

Still no clue though why the API validation tool is throwing errors.