Is it possible to request FamilyControls authorization on simulator?

I'm getting a FamilyControlsError Code=3 when requesting authorization from a simulator signed in with a child iCloud account.

When requesting authorization from a simulator signed in with a parent iCloud account I receive the expected FamilyControlsError Code=2.

There's not a lot of info on resolving these errors, and the code is pretty simple:

func requestAuthorization() {

AuthorizationCenter.shared.requestAuthorization { result in

switch result {
        case .success():
            print("Sucess...")
        case .failure(let error):
            print("Failed... \(error)")

}
    }
}
Add a Comment

Replies

any progress with this important question?

Requesting FamilyControls authorization on Simulator is supported by the ScreenTime API.

FamilyControlsError Code=2 is the error code for an invalid account type; this is expected when trying to authorize FamilyControls on a non-child iCloud account.

FamilyControlsError Code=3 is an internal error, which isn't expected. Can you file a report using the Feedback Assistant and attach a sysdiagnose? Thanks!

• I am also getting FamilyControls.FamilyControlsError Code=3 error in the emulator while trying to request permission... Please help.

Add a Comment

I am getting FamilyControlsError Code=2 too. I also see a warning in my Signing & Capabilities section of the project settings. Can this problem be related to this warning?

After I enter my account details in Xcode, I started to get these 3 errors and I think they are related to FamilyControlsError Code=2.

What should I do to solve this problem?

I also had the problem. Does Your appleID open Family Sharing?If not open,try to open your family sharing and add your family's member in setting. Good luck。

It's mandtory to resolve this you have to add a child in Family Sharing and you have to run this Application on Device not in the simulator.

I have the same issue. I have added child account to my family. But on the parent's device it shows me an error: The operation couldn’t be completed. (FamilyControls.FamilyControlsError error 2.)

Has anybody solved the issue? I just can't understand what is wrong.

• Also i am facing same issue. 1- I have added capabilities. 2- Enable the family controls in bundle identifier and running the code in Physical device not in simulator. But getting same issue.

Add a Comment