GKLocalPlayer.teamPlayerId "Unavailable Player Identification"

Greetings,

We authenticate the player with GameCenter, then after we check for GKLocalPlayer.isAuthenticated == true. Finally we fetch the teamPlayerId but we are seeing "Unavailable Player Identification" returned.

What is the cause of this value being returned? We are required to fetch this property in order to validate the GameCenter authorization via GKLocalPlayer.fetchItems.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

Same problem here. We are following this question.

• Heya,

Try adding a leaderboard and/or an achievement to your GameCenter even if you don't use em in your game. I was working with Unity3D and that made a difference on one of my test accounts, it suddenly gor a teamPlayerID after i added a leaderboard and an achievement. Before that i was also getting "Unavailable Player Identification".

Add a Comment

Lets add this as a main answer instead of a reply to an answer.

Heya, 

Try adding a leaderboard and/or an achievement to your GameCenter even if you don't use em in your game. I was working with Unity3D and that made a difference on one of my test accounts, it suddenly gor a teamPlayerID after i added a leaderboard and an achievement. Before that i was also getting "Unavailable Player Identification".

Having the same issue. Our leaderboard and achievements have been setup long time ago. Just that recently we have updated Unity3D version to 2021.3.1f1 and it starts using teamPlayerID, and some users are still getting "Unavailable Player Identification".

Hi @kkl88888, did you fix your issue? I'm getting the same on my side (Unity 2021.3.5f1). Wondering if it's a Unity LTS issue.

Same issue here. @kkl88888 , @JulienPlayrion any update on your side?

Add a Comment