How to get Critical Alerts entitlement for custom alarm clock?

Hello everyone!

Our team is in the middle of developing a new sleep tracking app with a bunch of additional features including a custom alarm clock. And we need Critical Alerts entitlement for this feature to work as only such notifications (critical interruption level for iOS 15) can break through Silence Ring & Do Not Disturb mode, which is necessary as users obviously won't wake up without the alarm actually going off.

We've applied twice already, clearly stating the purpose of this entitlement, but both times received the same answer: "Unfortunately, this API is not designed for the use you've identified".

While Apple Developer documentation on the matter is rather elusive and states that, among others, home- & health-related purposes are allowed, I couldn't find any straightforward info about our particular case. Moreover, I can easily name a few apps in the Health & Fitness category with exactly the same alarm clock functionality that works and obviously utilizes Critical Alerts entitlement.

So I wonder, can anyone give a piece of advice on how to get this entitlement? Maybe we need to provide some additional info or meet some unannounced conditions? Any info will be highly appreciated.

Replies

I’m having the exact same issue and have been rejecter Did you manage to resolve this? It basically renders having an alarm or alert app impossible.