Is it possible somehow in iOS to prevent screen capture?

Is there's way to prevent taking screenshots entirely while using my app?

I need to prevent screen capture by users of my app, for security reasons. The contents I display are confidential and should not be copied onto the device.

• Search around for information on using FairPlay streaming for doing something like this. That isn't what it is for exactly, but from what I read searching around there may be a creative way to use it to accomplish what you are asking.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

It is not possible to prevent screenshots and screen recording on iOS.
And yet, ScreenShieldKit seems to have achieved this!

That suggests, at the least, that it is very difficult, and there is no "simple" coding solution.

I suggest that you investigate ScreenShieldKit, and see if their pricing model suits your needs (depending on how important this feature is, for your app).

Replies

It is not possible to prevent screenshots and screen recording on iOS.
And yet, ScreenShieldKit seems to have achieved this!

That suggests, at the least, that it is very difficult, and there is no "simple" coding solution.

I suggest that you investigate ScreenShieldKit, and see if their pricing model suits your needs (depending on how important this feature is, for your app).

The question has been asked multiple times on the forum, if you search you will find interesting thread. Answer is a NO. In any case, even if you could forbid capture, you would not forbid a photo by another camera (unless tricking the video signal, but that's a different story). If content is so confidential, you should not expose it.