IOS 15 Safari fails with Fairplay DRM playback

Hi, IOS 15 Safari does not support Fairplay DRM and gives an error, other browsers like Chrome also do not work. Since IOS 15 released today, we as DRM providers are having a lot of complaints from our customers. The issue does not happen on IOS app, only for IOS browser. We have seen the same issue across multiple DRM providers, so issue is at the end of Apple and only occurs for IOS 15.

• We have explored more and also found the cause of bug, a detailed bug report along with samples has been filed on https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/ The feedback ID is FB9646199.

• Apple team has accepted that it is a bug and is corrected in IOS 15.1 (which is in beta currently) , so have to wait for official release of 15.1 for full solution on this.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Unforuntately, this issue has also now started coming in Mac OS Safari 15.0

• Sorry , this is not accepted answer but was accidentally marked so and is now not changable. It is a normal comment.

Add a Comment

Replies

i’ve been having problems with broadcasting on my Iphone XR in a 18+ site, and when i try to go live on google, it doesn’t even let me see the camera and tells me to broadcast from safari. When i try to broadcast on safari i got a “Broadcasting doesn't run on Safari 15.1. Please use another device.” sign. I really need to get this fixed:/ can someone help me out please? :(