Flutter causes Mac OS Crash

Hi,

I'm using flutter now for the last 2years on my machine. A few months ago I had the same problem like i have it now - but i do not have any clue why and how to resolve it.

I'm using the flutter framework to develop some apps. When I run the "flutter run" command, the XCode Build is working and for some seconds i can see the next task "compiling, signing and...." and then sudden it causes my Mac OS reboot. In parallel i have a device opened in the simulator which should run the app.

It happens now every time which makes me impossible to work on flutter. I've created already an issue on github/flutter for that. they say that the issue is coming from the iOS simulator runtime so it's not something Flutter has any control over.

Specs from my machine: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) - System Version: macOS 11.6 (20G165) - Kernel Version: Darwin 20.6.0 [✓] Flutter (Channel stable, 2.5.2, on macOS 11.6 20G165 darwin-x64, locale en)

I have added some text files from the crash report - i hope this helps. if you see some sensitive data please be so kind and delete it.

Hopefully you can help me to figure out the problem and we can fix this quickly. Thank you!

Replies

In the crash reports I can see that something with simulator runtime ist not correct, right?

CRASHREPORT_1 Application Specific Information: dyld4 config: DYLD_ROOT_PATH=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot BUG IN LIBDISPATCH: Failed to create fd to simulator memory pressure file CoreSimulator 776.3 - Device: iPhone 12 mini (3853B73D-6332-404B-892A-7672B9619E41) - Runtime: iOS 15.0 (19A339) - DeviceType: iPhone 12 mini

CRASHREPORT_2 Application Specific Information: dyld4 config: DYLD_ROOT_PATH=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot RenderBox precondition failure: fragment function error: resolve_sample-a40001018: Compiler encountered XPC_ERROR_CONNECTION_INVALID. Shutting down the connection permanently.... abort() called CoreSimulator 776.3 - Device: iPhone 12 mini (3853B73D-6332-404B-892A-7672B9619E41) - Runtime: iOS 15.0 (19A339) - DeviceType: iPhone 12 mini

any idea here?