Help with Sticker Packs

I am using Xcode 13, I went through the steps to create a sticker pack, added 2 images, and when I try to run in sim, or on my iPhone, I get the following error:

“StickerPackExtension[29072:5749461] [PPT] Error creating the CFMessagePort needed to communicate with PPT.”

I can’t seem to figure out what im doing wrong.

Replies

I am having the same experience. I created a sticker pack one week and then I was not able to after.

Between these two periods I installed an updated version of XCODE and upgraded the OS. I'm on:

• XCode 13.1 (13A1030d)
  • Monterrey 12.0.1

What is your systems configuration? 2021-11-03 18:09:23.132166-0500 StickerPackExtension[5754:2679938] [PPT] Error creating the CFMessagePort needed to communicate with PPT.

Interestingly, when trying to run the sticker package project created prior to the updates, that works just fine. I'm thinking something was messed up with the last Xcode update.

I am using Xcode 13.1 and Monterrey 12.0.1. I created a Sticker App over the weekend, just a few sticker images to test and experienced the above error and cannot see the sticker images not on Simulator nor on an iPhone attached.

But, when I added the full set of iMessage App icons, clean build, it works fine. I still have the "StickerPackExtension[41845:1484263] [PPT] Error creating the CFMessagePort needed to communicate with PPT" but this is probably rehearing.

So my conclusion probably lies to Sticker App with Xcode 13 for some reasons require the the App icons to be there in order to see the Sticker images. This behaviour is different from previous Xcode version. 🤷🏻‍♀️

CM

• I can also verify that this solved my problem. I had all the icons in place except the App Store icons and it wouldn't run. After adding ALL the icons, it ran just fine even though I still got some warnings and errors in the console.

• yes adding all icon sizes images solved this error.

• Good Job! added the full set of iMessage App icons, clean build, it works fine!

Add a Comment