Xcode 13 simulator kills internet

I recently upgraded both MacOS (to 11.6) and Xcode (to 13.0). Now, when I run my NativeScript app within an Xcode simulator, whether iOS 13.2 or 15.0, internet requests time out, both within the simulator and on the Mac itself. I can test on devices OK, and I've enabled "Allow HTTP Services" within the emulators. My only recourse is to restart the Mac.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of dlcole33 Down vote post of dlcole33
2.7k views
  • I have the same problem. I get 100Mbps with my MacBook Air connected to my router wirelessly. But as soon as I run the simulator, I'm lucky to get 12 Mbps.

• Hello dlcole. Have you found a fix? I tried reinstalling macOS and Xcode, the simulator reset command but to no avail.

Add a Comment

Replies

I have same trouble. Cleaning cache of ios simulator solves my problem.

xcrun simctl erase all

run this command.

• it doesnt work to me. i also got this problem. my macbook still use intel. but when i run:

xcrun simctl erase all

nothing happens to me

• Hello. Have you found a fix? I tried reinstalling macOS and Xcode, the simulator reset command but to no avail.

Add a Comment

I have the same issue - while the simulator is running I have no internet access. I have to kill the simulator to get internet access back. Has anyone found a solution for this (xcrun simctl erase all didn't work)?

• Hi. Have you found a fix?

Add a Comment

"xcrun simctl erase all" Didn't work for me

What worked for me was signing out of my apple id on my mac. Then opening up the simulator again and going to Device > Erase all content and settings.

• Hello Chris. Have you found a fix? I tried reinstalling macOS and Xcode, the simulator reset command but to no avail.

Add a Comment

I have the same problem but caused by the preview not the full simulator. I have to disconnect my hotspot (on the phone, NOT the Mac) and reconnect it to solve the problem and this has to be done every few minutes. So frustrating. A full Xcode reinstall did not solve the issue; neither did Network Link Conditioner or the simulator reset command from terminal. Any solutions would be much appreciated.

Changing wifi security to WPA2 solved the problem for me.