iOS 15 Sample Code "RestoringYourAppsState" - Bug

There appears to be a bug in the sample code provided as a download here:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiscenedelegate/restoring_your_app_s_state

When MULTIPLE "Products" are opened in their ImageScenes, from the main scene using the long press + "Open in New Window", then dismissed using the close button "x", ImageScenes are swapped but it seems that they are either persisted or restored.

The bug appeared with iOS 15.

I am using the sample code to understand the problem - as I a similar problem appeared with iOS 15 with my own App

Would appreciate feedback on why the sample app misbehaves.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

Correction....

When MULTIPLE "Products" are opened in their ImageScenes, from the main scene using the long press + "Open in New Window", then dismissed using the close button "x", ImageScenes are not deleted - rather it seems that they either swapped, or deleted and immediately restored.

• On further exploration - the behavior appears to be systemic to iPadOS 15. Case in point the iOS 15 Mail App. If you open emails by long pressing and dragging to create separate scenes e.g. on the right hand side of the screen, they stack up, as expected. If you try to close one of the emails from the stack (hit "Done") then email is popped from the stack, but either does not close or is restored elsewhere on the stack. Is this an iPadOS 15 bug?

Add a Comment