Unable to construct MEDecodedMessage since Monterey Beta 7

I've already created feedback id FB9647811 about this, but as there has been no response to that I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same or found a fix.

My extension was working until Monterey beta 7 but now it crashes with the following message:

[MEDecodedMessage initWithData:securityInformation:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance

According to the documentation this is the correct constructor.

Replies

Please check the updated docu, since the constructor has been changed with 1 or 2 additional arguments:

• Thanks - Now the RC is out, I've been able to actually compile again!

Do you know what context and banner are and what their intended use is? The "documentation" does not document any information about them!

• To be honest, I've no idea. Nor do I understand why Apple does provide limited to no documentation for this new Framework. Or why Apple doesn't post any response in the dev forum posts about MailKit. Or why Apple doesn't provide any feedback that I reported by email (as requested in the WWDC video) or the NoFeedback Assistant.

One would assume that it would be in their best interest when developers can use this Framework to make innovative Mail Extensions.

BTW, can you please mark my answer as resolved?

Add a Comment