Can't Delete/Uninstall Xcode Previews iPhone App

Not only does the Xcode Previews app not stay in the App Library, showing up on the home screen on startup, but I'm also having trouble finding a way to delete it.

Is there a profile somewhere I'm meant to uninstall or some other way to delete the app? Can this only be done through Xcode on the Mac?

• I have exactly the same problem.

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi,

Sorry to hear the Xcode Previews app is causing you some bother. This is in fact a non-deletable, system app. Once you've used previews with this device the app becomes visible. From that point on there isn't a way to undo this beyond a full reset of the device.

Regarding the app not staying in the app library; we do have some related reports but it'd be helpful if you could file a feedback with a sysdiagnose to help the relevant teams triage your specific issue.

I also have this problem. That app appeared out of nowhere on my iphone and disappeared by itself. Example: Today i see it but tomorow that app will not be on my home screen and app library. How is that even possible? I don’t like this.

• It is not supposed to disappear after appearing. If you'd like to help us figure out what is going on, could you file a feedback and include a sysdiagnose? Great if you could provide a rough time of when you last saw the app and when you noticed it being gone again!

Add a Comment

Same here. I do not like it at all. It feels like a huge violation of privacy and the ability to control your own device that you use and paid for has been completely taken away by this unscrupulous scheme.