macOS Server on Monterey

After updating my macOS to Monterey; previously installed macOS Server doesn't work. After full reinstall of the app; issue still occurs with an error:

This version of Server is no longer supported on this version of macOS. Visit the App Store to get the latest version of Server.

Of course no new version is available on the Mac App Store. Thoughts how to solve it?

• Server app has finally received a long awaited update to be usable in Monterey again.

• just tried to download from the App Store and it works on my M1 MacBook Pro on OS 12.1 now all I have to do is migrate from my old server to the New Mac mini M1 we have just purchased.

any ideas on the best way to migrate safely?

Add a Comment

Replies

Thoughts how to solve it?

Wait till the released version of macOS Server for Monterey will be released.

(Generally, macOS Server may be updated more than a few months later than the macOS updates. You should better not update your macOS immediately if macOS Server is required for your work.)

Or else, you can try the beta version of the next macOS Server.

(Visit the Downloads page.)

• the beta version is no more available or showing up in the Developer site for download ...

Add a Comment

Sorry to resurrect a week old thread, but I have this question as well.

I keep seeing references to the Downloads page but see no MacOS Server beta app there; just TestFlight and Xcode.

Is there some hidden downloads page with it? I'm also on Monterey waiting for an update.

Are you in the paid developer program? I don’t know if the free level has fewer offerings, but right now the full list in the Applications tab includes:

• Xcode 13.2 beta
  • Apple Remote Desktop 3.9.5 beta
  • Classroom for Mac 2.5 beta 2
  • macOS Server 5.12 beta 3
  • Apple Configurator 2.15 beta 2
  • TestFlight 3.2 beta
  • Schoolwork 2.2 beta 2
  • Reality Converter beta 3

No, I'm not, so that's the problem. Well that's easy to take care of.

Thank you so much, that appears to be the issue.

macOS Monterey server is not yet available. Sorry your plans have been messed up! I know how irritating it is. Have a great day. Reference: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212886

Still not available after 6 months ?!

And now the beta version in Developer is not available anymore too ... What's happening pls ??

At last Apple finally updated his Server app.

A little late, but good, its working again, still stays a very poor stripped application from what was once a very handy too, where we could configure at one place several useful services, to name VPN for once ...