USB ports, camera and sound on monitor not working on Monterey

Hi,

yesterday I upgraded my Macbook Pro M1 to MacOS Monterey. My Monitor (HP Envy) has USB ports, an inbuilt camera and a bang & olufsen sound system. All of this is not working anymore, which is quite a problem since I need it for my full working equipment. The monitor is connected via USB-C. The monitor is still working (video signal) and charging the Macbook.

The issue seems to exist for a lot USB-C hubs as well.

Please fix it - I can´t really use Monterey like this. Many thanks!

Replies

I think I've found a solution for now with my MBP M1 2020. After the Monterey upgrade, my 7 in 1 USB-C Hub by WKD stopped all USB connectivity (mouse, keyboard and external storage etc)

However I had a small USB-C to HDMI Adapter 4K, Multiport Type C adapter with USB 3.0 and charging port I was using on my iPad Pro. I plugged this into one of the USB-C ports on my MBP, used a USB C to USB male adapter for (Acessorz _ on Amazon UK) to connect my 7 in 1 USB-C Hub into and all the USB ports are back working again.

PS. The charging port is also working too.

I'll try and give the descriptions below of what I'm using.

7 in 1 USB Hub 7 in 1 Premium USB-C Hub by WKD Online - Aluminium Space Grey adapter with 4K HDMI and USB-C 3.1 Port - 1 x USB 3.0 and 2 x USB 2.0 OTG SD Micro Card Reader - Apple MacBook Pro Samsung Dell Compatible

USB C to USB male adapter USB C to USB Male Adapter, Acessorz [2-Pack] Mini Hi-speed USB Female (Type-C) to USB 2.0 Male (Type-A) Fast Charging & Data Sync OTG Adapter Connector Converter - Pack of 2 (Black)

my small USB C To HDMI Adapter 4K, Multiport Type used for my iPad Pro ElecMoga USB C to HDMI Adapter 4K, Multiport Type C Adaptor with USB 3.0 + USB C Charging Port Digital Converter USB C Hub Compatible With Macbook Pro, Google Chromebook, HP, Samsung S8/S9, And More

I Hope this helps someone out, I've been at this for hours and been totally stuck.