How to avoid user consent while uninstalling system extension

While uninstalling system extension, user gets a pop for user consent and ask to enter administrator credential to allow the uninstallation. We couldnt find a method to avoid this user consent and allow system extension removal silently. This is becoming an issue for one of our customer.

On the other had System Extension installation can be handled silently using MDM profiles.

Can you please suggest a method to allow silent uninstallation of system extension?

Accepted Reply

We couldnt find a method to avoid this user consent and allow system extension removal silently.

There is no supported way to do this )-:

Oh wow, I clearly missed a memo here. See owara’s post below.

I’m also going to update this post with some details.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Replies

We couldnt find a method to avoid this user consent and allow system extension removal silently.

There is no supported way to do this )-:

Oh wow, I clearly missed a memo here. See owara’s post below.

I’m also going to update this post with some details.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thanks for the response Quinn.

Hi! I think you're looking for something like this:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/devicemanagement/systemextensions/removablesystemextensions

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/devicemanagement/systemextensions

A dictionary of system extensions that are allowed to remove themselves from the machine. The dictionary maps team identifiers (keys) to arrays of bundle identifiers, where the bundle identifier defines the system extension. An application using the OSSystemExtensionDeactivationRequest API can deactivate the specified system extensions without requiring an administrator to authorize the operation. 

Available in macOS 12 and later.

Thanks Owara for sharing the info. I will pass this information accordinly.