WCSession counterpart app not installed

Basically i had an existing project developed using swift 5. I integrated watch app, and developed it using swift UI. Now i have followed all the required steps , even followed apple documentation, but i am getting connectivity issues between my watch app and ios app.I have created the session successfully , when i send a message form watch app to ios app, it send successfully , but when i send a message from ios app to watch app, i get the error "WCSession counterpart app not installed". I have verified and cross checked all the below items

• bundle identifiers are correctly placed
  • Supports running without IOS App installation is also unchecked.
  • Session is activated successfully
  • I am activating the session in App delegate in applicationDidFinishLaunchingWithOptions on IOS App and in onAppear function of my watch app main class

I have even tried creating a new project with the same configurations like my main project, i created a dummy app using swift and added a Swift UI watch extension just like i did in my main project. The catch is i am not facing any connectivity issue in this dummy app, watch and ios app are communicating perfectly, i can receive the message successfully on both the devices using the same lines of code which i use ion my main project.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me in this, i have tried almost all the solutions and wasted almost a month on this issue.

I have attached my WCSession Manager code

Here are the snippets of my code App Delegate

WatchSessionManager.sharedManager.startSession()

Watch App

import SwiftUI

@main

struct AmbitBoxApp: App {

@SceneBuilder var body: some Scene {

WindowGroup {

NavigationView {

HomeView()

}

.onAppear {

WatchSessionManager.sharedManager.startSession()

}

}

WKNotificationScene(controller: NotificationController.self, category: "myCategory")

}

}

Replies

That worked for me https://stackoverflow.com/a/69808068/12867886

• The solutions on stackoverflow didn't work for me. Did anyone manage to solve it in another way? I'm getting really demotivated by this single issue, so any help would be very appreciated!

Add a Comment