Reality Composer USDZ Export wrong colors

Hi,

So I created a scene in Reality Composer but when trying to export to USDZ, all of the animations, audio and interactions work, but the textures have been completely changed... (Map should be green, for example)

Everything looks fine in Reality Composer

Unfortunately, exporting as a .reality file isnt an option in this project.

Could I get some insight into this please? Thank you

Replies

Hi, could you provide a picture of how the model looks in Reality Composer vs how it looks when exported? Also, does the model look correct if you export it to a .reality file (even if you can’t use it for your project)?

Hi, thanks for getting back to me

I have added a screenshot from Reality Composer and the previous image is what it looks like after USDZ export from Reality Composer. Yes, the model does look and play right when exported as a .reality file

Is there any way of using a .reality file so that you dont need to have reality composer to view it? Such as viewing it from a QR code? That's kinda the end goal of this project

I believe that AR Quick Look can display .reality files as well as .usdz. However, I believe reality files are larger and exclusive to iOS. Could you file this on feedback assistant and attach the Reality Composer project? That way someone on the assets team can take a look at what is going wrong. Please share the feedback ID here if you file.

• Hi, me again

Is there any way of knowing whether the issue posed on Feedback Assistant has been looking into or anything along those lines? I have had no feedback or any real movement there

• Hi! I don’t think there’s a way for external people to look at the status of a feedback item. The best way is probably to ask nicely for updates here :). I took a look, and there was an update to it on 12/20 marking it as a ‘top issue’ for the Reality Composer team. There hasn’t been any activity since, because most of the company is on break until tomorrow. All that said, we don’t give timelines for when issues will be fixed, but if the issue is resolved, you should receive an email to verify the issue has been fixed.

• Ok thank you and that's 100% fair

Just didn't want to get lost in the crowd with this one. Thanks again for your support

Add a Comment

Sure thing, filed on Feedback Assistant - FB9801210

Thank you for your help and time

I'm just checking in to see if there was a fix or solution here. I'm seeing similar issues with a USDZ file exported from reality composer. The reality file is way larger than the usdz and using the reality file isn't an option with the current project.

Thanks in advance for any help.

No feed back at all...

Actually quite astonishing how I have heard completely nothing since posting this issue. The issue is still there, countless reworks and redos result in the exact same issue

No help at all from Apple Developer Support

Same issue, and same surprise. All my materials export without their textures or are displayed in some weird color mode... one model only shows the normal map as the only visible texture?? Very odd. Issue doesn't recur with .reality files but I can't even use those with my current project.