Universal Control can’t drag and drop files across devices.

Hey guys, I've updated my iPad Pro 2018 to iPadOS15.4 beta 3 and my MacBook Air to macOS Monterey 12.3 beta 3.  The Universal Control works for cross-device trackpad and keyboard. But I can't drag and drop files between these two devices. When I drag a photo from my MacBook to iPad, I can actually see the file icon appear on the verge of iPad screen but it will soon disappear. And when I try to do the other way around, the Mac doesn't even show anything. So I'm wondering whether it's a bug or it's due to my settings?  Have anyone experienced this problem yet?

Accepted Reply

It turns out to be a problem with the settings. To solve this, you can go to iPad Settings - Accessibility - Touch - AssistiveTouch. Find Perform Touch Gestures and switch it off. Then you'll probably find Universal Control works properly. 

• Thank you! This is still an issue, but disabling the AssistiveTouch worked for me!

• Thank you, dear !! I had a similar problem.))

• Hi Thank you so much for this. This worked for me as well.

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi Chris, I also met the same problem on my Macbook2018 and IpadPro 2021, it appeared since macos 12.3beta1. I believe it's a bug because except the phenomenon you described, I found that the mouse pointer on iPad still stay on the edge of the screen when you move mouse from iPad to Macbook. I have no idea what caused this problem and it happened in every Macos12.3beta version. I wonder if anyone knows when it can be fixed.

• Hey there, actually I have solved this problem several days ago. You can simply go to iPad Settings - Accessibility - Touch - AssistiveTouch. Find Perform Touch Gestures and switch it off. Then you'll probably find Universal Control works properly. That's how I solved this problem. Hope it works for you too!

Add a Comment

It turns out to be a problem with the settings. To solve this, you can go to iPad Settings - Accessibility - Touch - AssistiveTouch. Find Perform Touch Gestures and switch it off. Then you'll probably find Universal Control works properly. 

• Thank you! This is still an issue, but disabling the AssistiveTouch worked for me!

• Thank you, dear !! I had a similar problem.))

• Hi Thank you so much for this. This worked for me as well.

Add a Comment

Oh man ! I spent hours restarting, hard resetting them to fix this issue ! Glad I read this solution before factory resetting my device. Thankyou 😭