Controller not working in macOS 12.3

I tried to connect my xbox controller to my MacBook, even though the controller is registered in bluetooth setting, but it doesn't function at all. Have anyone met the same problem and if there's a fix for this problem

Answered by Frameworks Engineer in 733299022

Hello!

We appreciate your feedback in the Developer Forums. We believe this issue is already resolved in macOS 12.3.1. If you are still seeing this issue, please submit a feedback report to ensure the issue can be investigated by the relevant engineering teams. You can do so from the Feedback Assistant app or Feedback Assistant website.

PS Dual Sense Controller connects via Bluetooth but doesn't work. Monterey OS 12.3 on MacBook Pro 2021

Tested with the next games:

• Feist
  • Spidersaurs

Just popping by to say that this is fixed in 12.4 (21F79) I had to delete the bluetooth device and read it but its now working fine for me.

Hate to be another “yeah also me as well” in this thread but apple for some reason doesn’t care about us gamers, another blatant sign of discrimination (this is a joke lol, I know some of you are gonna take that seriously, not you tho, ur cool). But yeah anyways it’s weird to say you’re gonna start putting an emphasis on gaming but then somehow completely fumble controller support. You’re better than this apple, I really don’t get why this is such an issue that it’s ran unresolved still to this day, hell by the looks of it it probably isn’t resolved by the time you’re reading this. Really doesn’t seem like A huge issue to fix, but I don’t know nothing bout programming or nothing so idrk. Anyways, I’m trying to connect a switch pro controller to my M1 MacBook Pro on Monterey 12.4 and it says connected but doesn’t work on anything. Something I noticed also was that when connected to my windows desktop the lights at the bottom said player one like it would on switch, but when connected to my MacBook they stay scrolling side to side like it’s not really connected. Also bonus weird stuff, I had a wired controller before this one that worked with itch.io games like Celeste and a short hike but after switching to Bluetooth these two exceptions are not exceptions anymore. Alright thank you for reading this if you’re just some dude who has the same issue, if you’re an apple employee, thank you as well but like not as much, you guy’s obviously haven’t been doing enough to tell whoever you need to in order to get this issue resolved so it has continued to go unresolved. Do you gain something by having no controller support on Mac? Cause you guys act like you gain something by having no controller support on mac.

I am here again, 3 months after my first comment. Same problem on 12.5. First comment made by me on page 1 of the thread.

DualShock 4 connected to Bluetooth to a MacBook Pro 2021 14in. Tested some games on Geforce Now on day 1 and worked fine. On day 2, it stopped working. I tried removing the device and pairing again, it shows it's connected but doesn't work. It's disappointing because I paid a subscription to GFN thinking I could play with the controller.

MacOS Monterey 12.5. Hope this gets solved soon.

I've been trying to use a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller that I've had for a few years with MacOS Monteray 12.6. It connects, but doesn't recognize any inputs. I've tried disconnecting (pressing remove in the Bluetooth settings) and reconnecting, but nothing works. I have a Mac Mini with an M1 chip.

Hello!

We appreciate your feedback in the Developer Forums. We believe this issue is already resolved in macOS 12.3.1. If you are still seeing this issue, please submit a feedback report to ensure the issue can be investigated by the relevant engineering teams. You can do so from the Feedback Assistant app or Feedback Assistant website.

I'm on MacOS 13 Ventura. 10 months have gone by and still now fix? My xbox controller works fine on my 2016 MacBook Pro running an older operating system, but not on my brand new Mac Studio.

Still running into this issue, FB11971269, on macOS 13.2 on a 2023 MacBook Pro M2 Max.

This is ridiculous. Upgraded to Ventura. Issue still persists. And yes "framework engineer", I did submit a feedback report.

Same issue with Ventura 13.2.1, Xbox Elite Controller perfectly well recognised by Bluetooth but games I tested such as Cat Quest II detects the GamePad but I cannot do anything... Only way is to quit the game and turn off Bluetooth then I can play with Keyboard (annoying as hell).

This issue has been ongoing for more than a year......... I thought Apple was doing efforts to bring games to macOS since you can use softwares from iOS... M1 computers are great but seems abandoned for support on that side. Apple please..........

damn girl, i spent an hour reading to the end to see if there was a solution and got to a month ago with nothing 🥺👍🏻 thanks apple

Google Stadia controller in Bluetooth mode was working great, and then stopped today June 4 2023 (Mac Mini M1). Controller will connect and then disconnect, causing all other bluetooth devices connected to my Mini to reconnect also, this will continue (connect, disconnect, reconnect all devices, repeat) until stopped by turning off the controller. Controller works great on my iPad Mini and iPhone.

Same issue here: 13' M2 2022 Sonoma 14.0

It's also hit or miss with me. Sometimes it works first try, others a disconnect reconnect does the trick. Others I can't get it to work at all.

I'm using GPTK to run Steam through Whisky, I can actually see the controller in Wine Settings but it receives no inputs.

Hope this gets fixed soon :')

I'm wondering what world those frameworks engineers are living, because in our real world here we have plenty of controllers and they are and still not working.

Same. Macbook Air M2 on Sonoma 14.2.1.

I'm using a basic xbox 360 USB controller. What's wild is that https://hardwaretester.com/gamepad gets all the inputs just fine (tested using Chrome), but no games do.

I have a M3 MacBook Air with a 8bitdo Lite 2 controller and it doesn't work with Apple Arcade when trying to play the Shantae game. My controller works for games outside of Apple Arcade and is recognized in the bluetooth settings.

Controller not working in macOS 12.3

Q