Controller not working in macOS 12.3

• Hi Wisky_pro. Which apps or games are you trying to use your Xbox controller in? Would you happen to know what kind of Xbox controller you have?

• Can attest to this issue, a DualSense Controller paired over bluetooth does nothing after updating to macOS 12.3. Tested with multiple Apple Arcade games (e.g. Tetris Beat that supports controllers that used to work perfectly before 12.3) and multiple other non-Apple Arcade games all of which supported controllers before 12.3.

• Thanks the_lucifer. I saw your feedback report.

Apple Recommended

• Problem still persists. Running 13.0.1 here, and cannot get my switch-controller to work.

Add a Comment

Replies

Same issue here: 13' M2 2022 Sonoma 14.0

It's also hit or miss with me. Sometimes it works first try, others a disconnect reconnect does the trick. Others I can't get it to work at all.

I'm using GPTK to run Steam through Whisky, I can actually see the controller in Wine Settings but it receives no inputs.

Hope this gets fixed soon :')

• Same with me. Running Soma 14.1 on MacStudioM2Ultra, Latest Version of Steam Steam-Version: 1698260427 Steam-Client: Build-Datum: Mi., 25. Okt. 21:42 UTC -08:00 Steam: Webbuild-Datum: Mi., 25. Okt. 20:37 UTC -08:00 Steam-API-Version: SteamClient020

and the game DIRT4

I can connect the Xbox Series S - Wireless Controller with the MAC and select in DIRT 4, but only the X-Box Button on the controller work to display the MAC OS X Apps running....

Any recommendations

Regards Holger

Add a Comment

I'm wondering what world those frameworks engineers are living, because in our real world here we have plenty of controllers and they are and still not working.

• Hello alexffabri. Could you share the IDs of any Feedback issues you have filled related to controllers not working?

Add a Comment

Same. Macbook Air M2 on Sonoma 14.2.1.

I'm using a basic xbox 360 USB controller. What's wild is that https://hardwaretester.com/gamepad gets all the inputs just fine (tested using Chrome), but no games do.

I have a M3 MacBook Air with a 8bitdo Lite 2 controller and it doesn't work with Apple Arcade when trying to play the Shantae game. My controller works for games outside of Apple Arcade and is recognized in the bluetooth settings.