CKError - Request Permission Could Not Complete

Hi, Dose anyone know how to request permissions from the user, the code bellow should produce a popup window asking for permission from the user. But I get the error further bellow saying it "can not connect". Is there anyway to get connected to CloudKit(or check to see if CloudKit is connected)... or how do I get past this error.. I have reset the CloudKit Environment... I made a new Xcode project, and made a new CKContainer... tried different Simulators and also reset the Simulator and also down graded my xCode to see if a different version would work... but nothing changes... just the same error...over and over and over... :0(

Code:

CKContainer.default().requestApplicationPermission([.userDiscoverability]) {  [weak self] returnedStatus, returnedError in

DispatchQueue.main.async {

if returnedStatus == .granted {

self?.permissionStatus = true

print("Granted")

} 

if returnedStatus == .couldNotComplete {

print("Could Not Complete")

print("(String(describing: returnedError))")

}

if returnedStatus == .denied {

print("Denied")

}

}

Debug Screen Returns the following:

Is Signed In To iCloud

Could Not Complete

Optional(<CKError 0x6000038b11d0: "Internal Error" (1/1000); "Received a didCompleteWithError without an error but no response body where one was expected">)

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Dennis47 Down vote post of Dennis47
1.3k views
  • FB9991156 - I also added this to the Feedback Assistant

Add a Comment

Replies

I got CloudKit to connect finally, or it connected by itself after two days of errors... I ended up making a third container... and for some reason it connected... no change to the code... what a head scratcher... I'm so frustrated... it would be nice if there was a way to see what the issue is, instead of random nonsense errors.

Wait, so how did you end up solving this? Did you literally just create a new container and change your bundle id?