Deploying iOS App with Web Content Filter

I uploaded iOS app store with web content filter. When I tried to block the sites, it didn't work. After debug I got the error.

<Error>: YourApp trying to create a content filter configuration through an app. Creating a content filter configuration is only allowed through profile in production version of YourApp.
<Error>: Failed to save configuration com.DemoiOS: Error Domain=NEConfigurationErrorDomain Code=10 "permission denied" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=permission denied}
<Error>: -[NEFilterManager saveToPreferencesWithCompletionHandler:]_block_invoke_3: failed to save the new configuration: Error Domain=NEFilterErrorDomain Code=5 "permission denied" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=permission denied}

It works fine in dev environment. I searched other threads here, didn't find proper answer. How do I resolve this error? It would be great help you can point me out to solution. I want to make sure that if user downloads app from the store, he should be able to block the selected sites.

Replies

See this reply.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

In some Parental Control, apps ask to download the profile. After downloading and installing the profile filter works. MDM profile is downloaded.

I've Entity Type - Company / Organization account.

My query is I want to achieve something like this, What are the requirements?

Is Company / Organization account enough to create MDM profile and server?

How Do I communicate between My device to MDM Server?

How Do I enroll My device to MDM Server?

If you’re building a parental controls product then the MDM path won’t help you because the WebContentFilter payload (com.apple.webcontent-filter) is only available on supervised devices. Fortunately there’s another way to achieve this goal, namely, through the Screen Time API. See WWDC 2021 Session 10123 Meet the Screen Time API.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Hi eskimo, if i have list of block domain fetch from server, could ScreenTime API blocks its?

Add a Comment