Developer mode on Apple Watch

How to enable developer mode on Apple Watch with watchOS 9 beta?

Accepted Reply

Has to be done on the watch directly, not via the iOS app. Go to Settings, Security & Privacy, and there should be a Developer setting down the bottom.

Replies

Has to be done on the watch directly, not via the iOS app. Go to Settings, Security & Privacy, and there should be a Developer setting down the bottom.

I enabled developer mode, but Xcode still says developer mode disabled

I got my watch repaired, reinstalled watchOS 9 and I can’t see the developer mode in developer build 6.

Developer setting is missing for me on an Apple Watch 8 with watchOS 9.1. It had been there on my old Apple Watch 4 running a previous OS (and I had successfully used it).

I had the same thing -- I plugged iPhone into mac laptop, received trust prompt on iPhone and accepted, then I was prompted on watch to trust device and trusted it, then after that, I was able to see developer mode option on watch under General > Privacy > (scroll to bottom and enable), requires watch restart.

Similar issue, solved by unpairing my old watch and connecting Xcode and toggling developer mode on the watch directly