CreateML Object Detection - Where are augmentation settings?

Hello, pretty new to CreateML and machine learning as a whole, but surprise surprise, I'm trying to train a model. I have a bunch of annotated images exported from IBM Cloud Annotations for use with CreateML, and I have no problem using them as training data. Unfortunately, I have no idea where to implement Augmentation settings. I'm aware that they're available in the Playground implementation of CreateML, but I haven't tried it nor do I really want to. But in CreateML, I see no setting where I can enable augmentation, nor anywhere I can directly modify the code to enable it that way. Again, this is an object detection project. If I'm missing something help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

Object detection (OD) does not support user-specified augmentation options. What you saw with Playground (CreateML framework) is likely for image classifier where you can specify rotation, blur, etc. However, under the hood of OD training, it does apply certain image augmentations to improve the training.