Store returned data from Apple Maps Server and Mapkit API

Hi,

We are building an app that aims to organize people's lives. This means we help people discover and find things like places, and help users store the data of the things they save to their library.

My question is: Are we allowed to permanently store a returned place's name, description, ID, coordinates, potential images, etc from the responses of places from the Apple Maps Server and Mapkit API? And if so, is there a guarantee that these terms won't change? The user would have to be allowed to download all the data he's saved.

One of the reasons we don't use Google Maps API is because they only let us store a place's unique Google Place ID, without its corresponding photos, coordinates, description or even name. This means a user can't search the information on their library without making immense API calls that would be prohibitively expensive, and also can't use the app offline.

Thanks for any insight.

Replies

Hey, Just wondering what you ended up concluding. I feel I am in the same boat and I am trying to understand each TOS.

Unfortunately, no reply from Apple at all. Will keep you posted should this change.

Hello. Please review the Apple Developer Program License Agreement, which describes the legal terms under which Apple Maps Service can be used. If you have any questions about how to interpret this Agreement, please consult your legal counsel.

—Jason.