Is there an API for access photos shared albumn?

Since iOS16 introduced the shared albumn, is there an API for developers to access the assets inside that shared albumn?

• @Frameworks Engineer How about the iCloud Drive REST API. I mean there is some available POST method to POST a file into iCloud Drive?

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

There is not any new API around the iCloud Shared Photo Library. Your app will see assets that are in the users personal library and shared library with no way to distinguish between the two. If you have a use case in mind for utilizing this kind of information please file a Feedback detailing the API enhancement.

Replies

There is not any new API around the iCloud Shared Photo Library. Your app will see assets that are in the users personal library and shared library with no way to distinguish between the two. If you have a use case in mind for utilizing this kind of information please file a Feedback detailing the API enhancement.

There should be an api Is to fetch photos from shared album, that way I could use in a personal blog project. Or a personal album app for my mac

A simple use case is a backup application (e.g. for backing up to a NAS), where the user has the choice to only backup the personal library, only the shared library or both. I filled a feedback (It's still open) for such an enhancement around iOS 16 beta times. It's however still relevant as such a feature (and therefore API extension) has also been requested by numerous of our users since the Shared Library was introduced in iOS 16.1. Please have a look at: FB10577368

May I propose this user story:

As a parent I want to be able to backup shared family photos to a NAS