Reduce size of the ~/Library/Developer directory?

Over the years, having worked on many different projects, I've noticed that my ~/Library/Developer directory has gotten very, very large.


In fact, it is now consuming 122G, which is about half of the total storage on my MacBook.


I'd guess that most of what is in this folder is related to old projects that I'm no longer working on, and/or is stuff that can be rebuilt if needed by Xcode. But I don't know for sure.


Is it safe to delete this folder and allow Xcode to rebuild it? If not, is there a way to clean it out without causing any damage?


Thanks,

Frank

Is it backed up?


It should also contain docs, derived data (10% of total?), device support, archives etc. too, so if you wipe it, you'll lose those. Be careful.


You can try to clean out some of the sub-directories, I think, but it might be more work than it's worth..meaning what you can identify as ok to let go might not amount to much gain.


See this (bit dated...) h t t p : / / ajithrnayak.com/post/95441624221/xcode-users-can-free-up-space-on-your-mac


122gb does sound a bit big, tho 😉


Ken

Reduce size of the ~/Library/Developer directory?
 
 
Q