App Intents not recognized by Siri, after already being recognized. No code changes.

I setup multiple intents/shortcuts as shown below. I have renamed the shortcuts and omitted the intent code for privacy/security reasons. The code hasn't changed for a few days, and it stopped working. Siri no longer recognizes voiced commands provided in the phrases, when it used to recognize all of them. I have tried deleting the app, disabling Siri/deleting the dictionary, and restarting my phone, but no luck. Nothing can get it working again. Any suggestions or workarounds? I could only find posts where it never worked for some people. I had it working, but it broke. Thanks in advance.

import Foundation import AppIntents

@available(iOS 16.0, *)

struct MyAppShortcuts: AppShortcutsProvider {

static var appShortcuts: [AppShortcut] {

AppShortcut(

intent: ExportAllTransactionsIntent(),

phrases: ["Make a (.applicationName) record", "Make a (.applicationName) *******"])

AppShortcut(

intent: ExportAllTransactionsIntent1(),

phrases: ["Display (.applicationName) ******** codes", "Show (.applicationName)******* *****])

AppShortcut(

intent: ExportAllTransactionsIntent2(),

phrases: ["Display (.applicationName) ********", "Show (.applicationName) *******"])     } }

Replies

All of my shortcuts still work correctly when I tap on them in the shortcuts app, but the "phrases" are no longer recognized. I just installed on an iPad with the beta and they work after tapping a button to allow my app's shortcuts to be opened by Shorcuts/Siri. However, this button's behavior is inconsistent. On iPad it had to be found in the shortcuts app, and on iPhone it appeared at the top of my screen the first time I ever tried to use an intent with the app, and then never came back on subsequent installs. I feel like based on what was said in the WWDC videos, a user should never be presented with any sort of button to allow the intents/shortcuts to be used. These are supposed to be usable right out of the box with no setup from users.

I have exactly the same problem combined with that the SiriTipView() is not localized it looks like "Say {phrase from code}" in all languages.

The program name is also missing the app name from ShortcutsLink() (but the button is localized, "-genveje" means "-shortcuts" in danish). This somehow makes "sense" or explain why the system don't recognize the localized phrases in the AppIntents, because the app name it self is not localized for the device language.

Oddly the ShortcutsLinks() is correct in the Simulator, but not on an actual device.

I have localized strings for

• Localizable.strings (works normally in the app)
  • AppShortcuts.strings (the phrases do get localized in the Shortcuts-app (with app name))
  • InfoPlist.strings (localized CFBundleDisplayName which works on the Homescreen and other places.
  • siri tip view still always English (not localized) for me on iOS 17.

Add a Comment