AssociatedBundleIdentifiers for LaunchAgents/Daemons

In the launchd.plist manpage of Ventura I discovered that there is a new AssociatedBundleIdentifiers option. After I added the new option to our Agents and Daemon property lists the Login Items UI of System Settings still continues to show our Developer Program name instead of the name of our Application name.

AssociatedBundleIdentifiers <string or array of string>
     This optional key indicates which bundles are associated with this job in the System Settings Login Items UI. If an app installs a legacy plist the plist should include this
     key with a value of the app's bundle identifier. 
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of BoBKelso Down vote post of BoBKelso
1.7k views
  • any updates on this? It's still not working for me.

Add a Comment

Replies

Have you tested this on a fresh machine? One that’s never seen your product before? My experience is that macOS often caches state like this and it’s hard to clear that state.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Hi Quinn, Yes, I did try it on my MacBook and on a VM that has never seen the product before. I have a Snapshot for this.

I noticed it picks up the Bundle icon from the App but the name is still our Developer Programs name.

Thanks Timo

Thanks for testing. Given that, I think it’s reasonable for you to file a bug about this.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Hi Quinn,

I submitted a bug through Feedback FB11481528. Can you make sure it reaches the correct team?

Best Regards, Timo

I submitted a bug through Feedback FB11481528.

Thanks!

Can you make sure it reaches the correct team?

I can’t make that promise in general but, in this case, it’s definitely been seen by the right folks.

Reading your bug it seems that the documentation for AssociatedBundleIdentifiers ‘escaped’ before the implementation, meaning that it doesn’t work as documented on macOS 13 beta 7 (22A5342f). Please continue to test this as new betas are seeded.

Share and Enjoy

• Thanks for that info, I was desperately trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

• I still see this thing on macOS 13.3 beta 2 (and released 13.2.1) - app icon has been picked up, but not application name. Fresh machine, and everything properly signed (Developer ID) and even notarized. Looks like LaunchAgents behave a bit better, but LaunchDaemons stay under our Developer Program name.

• Hi, any update? I have still problem with a label. Developer name instead of app name and AssociatedBundleIdentifiers does not work properly on Ventura 13.3.1. Thank you