iOS16: What key we need to use for pasteboard permission in info.plist

After checking privacy in iOS 16 features to look for. I noticed that the application needs to ask the user's permission for accessing the clipboard. Please check the following image

I tried figuring out what permission key we need to use, to request permission but so far I have not found any details. I checked video and transcript and other developer documentation. Like privacy key list . But couldn't find any documentation related to this.

Accepted Reply

This permission prompt is generated whenever your app accesses the pasteboard directly, that is, not going through the Paste menu command, the keyboard shortcut, or UIPasteControl. You don’t need to add an Info.plist key to get that behaviour.

For all the details, watch WWDC 2022 Session 10096 What’s new in privacy, starting around the 9:24 mark.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• It's not expected behaviour to appear every time a user attempts to paste, said Ron Huang.

https://www.macrumors.com/2022/09/19/apple-executive-on-annoying-ios-16-prompt/

Add a Comment

Replies

This permission prompt is generated whenever your app accesses the pasteboard directly, that is, not going through the Paste menu command, the keyboard shortcut, or UIPasteControl. You don’t need to add an Info.plist key to get that behaviour.

For all the details, watch WWDC 2022 Session 10096 What’s new in privacy, starting around the 9:24 mark.

Share and Enjoy

• It's not expected behaviour to appear every time a user attempts to paste, said Ron Huang.

https://www.macrumors.com/2022/09/19/apple-executive-on-annoying-ios-16-prompt/

Add a Comment

@eskimo, in that video you reference, he says there are three ways to avoid the prompt being displayed and lists what they are but then only goes on to talk about the 3rd of the three. I don't understand what is meant by the first two ways: Edit Options, and Keyboard Shortcuts. What is meant by these, and how do they avoid the prompt being displayed?

Oh gosh, you’re making me answer UI questions. That may not be safe (-:

I don't understand what is meant by the first two ways: Edit Options, and Keyboard Shortcuts

The first refers to the standard copy’n’paste UI. For example, if you tap on the insertion point in a text field, you’ll see a menu with a Paste item. Tapping that item is consider to be user consent to access the pasteboard.

The second refers to command-V.

Share and Enjoy

• Why it happed some of the app and not all the app. We have multiple app available in App Store some of them are showing paste alert but some of them are not, I spend whole day to check reason behind that. Any can help me?

Add a Comment