ASAuthorizationController is showing password even if there is no ASAuthorziationPasswordRequest

I noticed the behavior of ASAuthorizationController has changed in the lasted beta. When the user only has a password but no passkey, even if I only pass in an ASAuthorizationPublicKeyCredentialAssertionRequest and no ASAuthorizationPasswordRequest, the action sheet will display the password. Is this by design? This has some impact on my implementation. Will this change again in the future?

Accepted Reply

Hi! Thanks for this report! We haven’t been able to reproduce this yet. Would you mind filing an issue in Feedback Assistant about this, including any additional information you can think of, but especially the exact version of iOS you’re running? If you can reply here with the Feedback ID, we would appreciate it.

Replies

Hi! Thanks for this report! We haven’t been able to reproduce this yet. Would you mind filing an issue in Feedback Assistant about this, including any additional information you can think of, but especially the exact version of iOS you’re running? If you can reply here with the Feedback ID, we would appreciate it.

Sorry, my mistake. I have modified the code several times to test the behavior and messed it up. I want to update my question: I have passed in both ASAuthorizationPublicKeyCredentialAssertionRequest and no ASAuthorizationPasswordRequest. If the user has both a passkey and a password, only the passkey is displayed at the beginning, and if the user wants to use the password, she should tap the "Other Sign in Options" button. Is it correct?

• Yes, that is expected behavior.

• thanks! I like it. Nice user experience.

Add a Comment