Guys I dont know what I am doing here.

OK so I have been trying to find the right way to develop a program that runs in the background of my MacBook Air 2021 and all It will do is create a read-only text transcript file of the speech from the audio output: speaker, headphones, etc. Not only that, but the original speech from the audio/video file will be transcripted into a read-only text file. Not only that but there will be a read-only file created to pinpoint he origin of the audio speaker output and the origin of the file the audio is supposedly coming from. So each time I play a video or movie whether its YouTube Netflix prime video Vimeo etc, an instance will occur that creates 4 of the read-only text files. The directory could be created when the program is setup on my laptop, and I could change the directory if need be.

I read some things about programming in swift and it seems overwhelming in the sense that this program could take more time than I expect it to in order to be fully functional.

And another thing is that I see no commercial value in this program/product so it will essentially be an example of the many possibilities of swift.

I believe that the program needs these specifications but It could be written in a way I dont expect it to be written.

Maybe If I was given a direction of what book would be best for developing this program, completely full of all the jargon I need to learn. I would be forever grateful to the swift development team. But this program seems very unnecessary I guess so I am not expecting too much.

Replies

Start by doing a search on google for swift tutorials and start with an introductory tutorial. If you aren't much of a self learner then enrolling in a programming, IT or computer science course at your local educational institution is another starting point.

it sounds like you don't have any background in programming, so yes it will take a significant investment of time. 6-12 months at least if you are serious about it, maybe more.

• A few programmers say they can't do it, but the ones that say they can tell me they need over a month and over 2000 to build it, at first they were ok with being paid hourly for 30-40hr until I requested that they create a daily report of their activity. Maybe its a dumb futile idea. Maybe I should become Amish.

• effort sounds about right for someone who can already develop swift macOS apps. Some of those requirements are quite involved, and at first glance may only be possible (or not possible) with some cutting edge research/tech and may take significantly longer than expected as far as effort goes. If u want corporate style governance, you will need to pay corporate style prices if anyone is going to do that.

• $2000 and a month seems way too cheap for a custom app with the requested features. Not with any accuracy for the speech-to-text, and not with the required media playback and handling and positioning features. This app is something I’d expect to pay “enterprise” pricing for, too. Related: https://www.techradar.com/news/best-speech-to-text-app

Add a Comment

thanks for the input