Accessibility Trait or Hint for "Radio Buttons"

I know "radio buttons" are not a standard iOS UI element, but this is what we have from our UX team.

They are technically UIButtons, but I don't feel it is correct to have the trait == .button.

Because if a user using VoiceOver taps it, and hears "Pickup, Button, Selected" - they might assume if they double tap on it, then, as a button, it should do something. But it won't do anything, because it is already selected. And since it is a Radio Button, it doesn't unselect when an action is applied.

There is no trait for "Radio Button".

Is trait .button the right way to go?

Thanks, Scott

Hello, across first party apps we tend to use the button trait for radio button options and the selected trait for the currently selected item. I say that indeed, .button is the way to go. This helps keep the VoiceOver experience consistent across first party apps and also third party apps.

We ended up implementing it this way: "Delivery Method"; "Shipping, Radio Button, Unchecked, 1 of 2"; "Pickup, Radio Button, Checked, 2 of 2";

Thought it was important that the user knows how many of these "Radio Buttons" there are, and their status. (The "Checked" and "Unchecked" came from the web designers - which is how they implemented it.)

Accessibility Trait or Hint for "Radio Buttons"

Q