Apple Watch Missing Developer Mode Option

I have an iPhone 14 running iOS 16.1 and my series 5 watch running watchOS 9.1. I was able to turn on Developer Mode on the phone by going to Settings--> Privacy & Security --> Developer Mode. On the watch however (I'm doing this directly on the watch and not on the watch app on the phone) once I'm in Privacy & Security, there is no option to select Developer Mode. How do I get my watch in Developer Mode in order to get a successful build in xCode?

I have resolved! 🥳🥳 I have created two sample watchOS apps, tried multiple times to install them from (iPhone's watch app). Restarted the watch 5+ times. Restarted iPhone several times. It does not worked. Then I have deleted both sample apps. Then restarted iPhone and watch (the one app automatically uninstalled, while second sample app still exists in the watch).

Finally, got some break time and prayed to God. In the next try, Xcode detected my watch and "developer mode" appeared in the settings!

I have used @tyxop @ahenqs comments. Thanks guys!

I have Xcode 15.4 MacOS 14.4.1 WatchOS 10.5 Phone 17.4.1

and still my Xcode don't show my apple watch and in my apple watch I don't have "developers mode" option. I have tried everything above and cannot continue with my project... Did anyone find a solution for that? :(

I was running into the same thing. Here's the exact sequence of steps that got it working for me.

1. Connect your phone to your Mac and open XCode
  2. Go to manage run destinations, and unpair the phone, but don't tap on "Trust this computer" or anything else
  3. Unplug the phone from the Mac
  4. Go to Settings -> Privacy and turn off Developer Mode
  5. Restart the phone
  6. Plug the phone back in to your Mac
  7. Go to Settings -> Private and turn on Developer Mode (which will trigger yet another restart)
  8. Xcode should see your device now, and it should also show your watch as a disconnected device once it's done preparing your phone for development. DO NOT CLICK ON YOUR WATCH IN RUN DESTINATIONS
  9. On your watch go to Settings -> Privacy and scroll to the bottom. The mysterious Developer Mode should show up now
  10. Tap on it, and then turn it on. This will trigger a restart of your watch
  11. Once your watch has restarted make sure to look at it so it triggers the "Are you sure you want to turn on developer mode?" question. Say yes
  12. NOW click on your watch in Xcode Run Destinations. This will trigger it to prepare the device and download the run symbols

If that doesn't work for you, then I apologize, but it's what got me finally up and running with it after a full day of futzing around 9)

Apple Watch Missing Developer Mode Option

Q