Xcode 14 is still unusable on Ventura: IBOutlet properties not recognized

Xcode 14 keeps being unusable on Ventura: any IBOutlet properties created on Ventura won't be recognized in Interface Builder.

It also applies to the latest beta, Xcode 14.1 RC2.

No issues on Monterey.

It's unusual that such a major bug could make it into the final release (of whether Xcode or macOS or both). It's not some kind of a minor obscure issue that's easy to miss. It's a part of core functionality. The bug makes development in Xcode on Ventura pretty much impossible (at least in Objective-C, don't know if it affects Swift).

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Leo Braun Down vote post of Leo Braun
1.4k views

Replies

Unusable for me in swift but for totally different reasons: constant beach balling and stuttering UI. Worked fine in 14.0.1 Not surprising at all to me, I've used Xcode since 3.2. Apple can't compete with the expectations in developer tools Microsoft created with theirs.

Ha. I installed Ventura on a different partition of the same MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, 16", 2021) - and outlets work in Xcode 14 there with no issues.

It means to me that the bug is somewhere there hiding, waiting for the right conditions to happen. But, hopefully, it must be extremely rare.