Strange behavior in split screen mode and data lost in iPadOS 16.1!

Hi, As you can see in the code below whenever I open the app in the normal mode app works fine and the detail view shows data properly. However, in split screen the app lost data of the selected item. I'm sure there is a bug in here unless I should manage it by myself which unacceptable!

@main
struct TestSwiftUIApp: App {

var body: some Scene {
        WindowGroup {
            ContentView()
        }
    }
}

struct Employee: Identifiable {
    let name: String
    let id: Int
}

struct ContentView: View {

@State
    var selectedEmployeeId: Employee.ID?
    let employess: [Employee] = [.init(name: "Hamed", id: 1), .init(name: "John", id: 2)]

var body: some View {
        NavigationSplitView {
            List(employess, selection: $selectedEmployeeId) { employee in
                Text(employee.name)
            }
        } detail: {
            NavigationStack {
                if let employee = employess.first{$0.id == selectedEmployeeId} {
                    EmployeeDetails(employee: employee)
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

struct EmployeeDetails: View {
    let employee: Employee
    var body: some View {
        Text("Detail of empolyee\(employee.name) with id: \(employee.id)")
    }
}

With this link, you can realize what I'm talking about. https://youtu.be/WdPHHJvNcLQ

After 4 months of waiting again no response from the Apple developer! This is a huge bug in iPadOs and even the newest version of the sample app that Apple provided has exactly the same bug. It's impossible to make an app for iPadOS to persist data with NavigationSplitView after going to the home screen.

I don't know what I should do to accept it as a bug. I reported it here and in the Bug Reporter app, but there is no hope of fixing this bug.

Finally, in iPadOS 17 beta 5, I tested it and it worked! Thanks for resolving this bug that had been causing me frustration for the past 2 years. I now realize it was not my fault. I believe it's important to extend this fix to older versions of iPadOS as well since 3-column apps are completely unusable on those versions.

Strange behavior in split screen mode and data lost in iPadOS 16.1!

Q