Employee live location monitoring feature

We are planning to launch an App in App store that mainly tracks the location of the employee in field, just like how uber or swiggy does to inform the customer's that where the delivery partners are and their ETA. Just like that we need the employers to know about the current location of the employees in the field of sales/marketing. Is this possible to be implemented in App store, are there any challenges? If there any challenges, can you let us know what the challenges are and how they can be solved?

Thanks, Arjun

Replies

No challenge, this is quite straightforward.

• Each employee will need to allow the app to share their location.
  • The app sends the locations to your central server.
  • The "employer" version of the app picks up the employee locations, and shows them on the map.
  • Thanks much @robnotyou, i was being told by the developers that apple wont allow this to be launched in the App store due to various reasons and i was totally confused. But i guess this is pretty much doable.

• k but the problem is dat we cn develop it and i m afraid Apple will reject the background tracking for d employees as platform is not tracking its own employees but rather their customers employee. dev can b done but we can not guarantee for Apple’s approval for App Store submission. In case they reject d App and ask us to do other way round, i.e to track the employees in foreground and send notification to the employee when it goes into background. pls let me know ur thoughts on this @robnotyou

Add a Comment